Florida Cerebral Palsy Legal Help
Was Your Child Diagnosed With Cerebral Palsy? Call 1-855-833-3707 to Consult With a Birth Injury Lawyer for Free.
Cerebral palsy can be caused by a variety of reasons, but if a medical professional’s negligence led to your child’s injury, you may be able to recover significant compensation through a medical malpractice claim in order to help with your child’s lifelong expenses.
Choosing the right Florida cerebral palsy attorney can ensure that those parents have the best chance at securing the compensation the child requires. If your child’s CP was caused by a bad doctor, why should the financial burden fall to you?
How an Attorney Can Help
Birth injuries are all too common, and while some of these injuries cannot be explained, when the cause is clearly the result of medical malpractice, it is essential to engage the services of a competent birth injury lawyer. Cerebral palsy is a somewhat-common condition that most-often results from a mistake during the birthing process. If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you want to choose an experienced Florida cerebral palsy attorney. Some of the ways in which an attorney can help you pursue legal action in birth injury cases include:
- Investigating the circumstances of the injury to determine probable cause.
- Interviewing those involved in the assessment and diagnosis of cerebral palsy.
- Assessment of the extent of the injuries and how much is related to medical malpractice.
- Assigning a monetary value on the current and ongoing needs of the child with cerebral palsy.
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company or plaintiff’s attorney.
Determination of Compensation
The purpose of filing a medical malpractice lawsuit is not to make the parents of the child rich; the funds are necessary in order to assist the parents in taking care of the child and cover such current and lifetime expenses such as:
- Medical needs
- Necessary medications
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, crutches, braces, etc.
- Special school needs
- Modifications to the family home
- Customized motor vehicles for transporting the child
Qualities to Seek
When you begin seeking the services of a cerebral palsy lawyer for your Florida Birth Injury case, there are some specific qualifications you want to consider. While you may individually have other factors in mind, the following is a short list of minimum qualities to consider:
- Experience in cerebral palsy cases
- Rate of successful litigation cases in court and out
- Turnaround time from initial consultation to court filing
- Amount of time the lawyer has to devote to your individual case
No one should feel guilty about hiring a lawyer when it comes to your child’s well-being. Call us at 1-855-833-3707 for more information, as well as a free consultation to discuss the legal options available to you.
More Information: Florida Cerebral Palsy Resources