If your child is diagnosed with ataxic cerebral palsy, dyskinetic cerebral palsy, or another form Cerebral Palsy, you can rely on medical professionals to make a personalized plan that will help you and your child deal with the effects of the neurological disorder. You will need to make sure, however, that you have an affordable plan to follow through with. This can be difficult for even the most well-off parents. In some cases, you may want to consider contacting a cerebral palsy attorney to see if you have the option of filing a legal action to seek monetary damages.


The treatments your child will need will depend upon the type and severity of the symptoms that manifest. Some of the more-common and severe types of symptoms include seizures, cognitive disorders, loss of motor functions, and speech and hearing difficulties. If your child has any of these symptoms, you may need to rely upon expensive medications to alleviate them. In other cases, you may find that your child simply needs assistive devices for walking or hearing and a physical therapy program to help them strengthen their muscles.

New treatments for cerebral palsy symptoms become available all the time. For instance, treatments that help people gain more control over their muscles sometimes use hot and cold treatments rather than relying on pharmaceuticals. In other cases, the child may be treated with new types of physical therapy that may help them to build strength in their limbs and to gain more control of their motor skills. There are always new developments, so you want to make sure you’re working with a doctor who specializes in treating children with this disorder.


One of the hardest things to deal with when you are trying to tackle the more severe symptoms of cerebral palsy is the fact that treatments can be incredibly expensive. There are cases where cerebral palsy is the direct result of medical malpractice on the part of a doctor, nurse or on the part of the health care facility where the child was delivered.

If you have a suspicion that this is the case, it’s best to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Your family may be owed compensation, and there are limits on how long you have to pursue a claim. For more information, call us today at 1-855-833-3707.

Leave Your Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.